Keratoconus / Corneal Diseases / Eye Diseases / Photosensitizing Agents
This study will assess changes in visual acuity and corneal symmetry after corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL) of asymmetric corneas.
- Drug: CXLO Corneal Strengthening Solution and UVA IlluminationCXLO Corneal Strengthening Solution
|Ages eligible for Study||8 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- A diagnosis of at least one of the following conditions:
- Forme fruste keratoconus
- Post-LASIK ectasia
- Pellucid marginal degeneration
- Forme fruste pellucid marginal degeneration
- Diurnal fluctuation post-radial keratotomy
- Terrien's marginal degeneration
- Corneal thickness < 375 microns measured by ultrasound or Pentacam.
- Contraindications or hypersensitivities to any study medications or their components.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Any history of herpes simplex corneal disease in an eye to be treated.
- Nystagmus or any other condition that would, in the judgement of the investigator, prevent a steady gaze during the treatment.
- Inability to cooperate with diagnostic tests.
- Enrollment in another ophthalmic clinical trial.
This study will evaluate the results of Corneal Collagen Crosslinking (CXL) in patients with conditions that include keratoconus, forme fruste keratoconus, post-LASIK ectasia, pellucid marginal degeneration, forme fruste pellucid marginal degeneration, diurnal fluctuation post-radial keratotomy, or Terrien's marginal degeneration. This is an outcomes study, all patients receive treatment.
United States (8)
- Schwartz Laser Eye CenterrecruitingScottsdale, Arizona, United States, 85260
- Goodman Eye CenterrecruitingSan Francisco, California, United States, 94115
- Cornea Consultants of ColoradorecruitingLittleton, Colorado, United States, 80120-4508
- Woolfson Eye InstituterecruitingAtlanta, Georgia, United States, 30328
- Chicago Cornea Consultants, Ltd.recruitingHoffman Estates, Illinois, United States, 60169
- Ophthalmology AssociatesrecruitingSaint Louis, Missouri, United States, 63110
- Cleveland Eye ClinicrecruitingBrecksville, Ohio, United States, 44141
- Cornea Associates of TexasrecruitingDallas, Texas, United States, 75231
31 December, 2016
13 July, 2017