Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems
Research Institute of Influenza, Russia
The study is a single centre, phase I, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial that explored the safety and immunogenicity of single dose a allantoic split inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine in healthy adults.
- Biological: influenza vaccineA allantoic split inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine has been prepared on eggs and is made from inactivated parts of the following influenza virus strains: NIBRG-121xp (A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)v and А/PR/8/34 (H1N1)), NYMC X-217 (A/Victoria/361/2011(H3N2) and А/PR/8/34 (H1N1)), NYMC BX-49 (B/Texas/06/2011 (Yamagata lineage) - like High Yield Reassortant (1:1:6) With B/Lee/40 NP, B/Panama/45/90 NS genes).
- Biological: Placebowater for injection
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years to 50 Years|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||Accepts Healthy Volunteers|
- Healthy volunteers of both sexes aged 18-60 years.
- Persons seronegative against A/H1N1 influenza virus, A/H3N2 and type B (with antibody titers ≤1: 10, according to hemagglutination-inhibition (HI) assay to determine).
- Literate and willing to provide written informed consent.
- A signed informed consent.
- Available in anamnaze volunteer at any allergic reactions.
- Allergic reactions to chicken proteins, or any preceding vaccination.
- Acute illness with a fever (37.0 C).
- Vaccination against influenza in the 2012/2013 season.
- Seropositive volunteers against A/H1N1 influenza virus, A/H3N2 and type B (with antibody titers greater than 1:10 according HI).
- Current or recent (within two weeks of enrollment) acute respiratory illness with or without fever.
- Hypersensitivity after previous administration of any vaccine.
- History of chronic alcohol abuse and/or illegal drug use.
- Any clinically significant abnormal laboratory finding.
- A positive pregnancy test for all women of childbearing potential.
- Administration of immunosuppressive drugs or other immune modifying drugs within 4 weeks prior to study enrollment.
- Acute or chronic clinically significant pulmonary disease, cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disease, liver disease, neurological illness, liver disease, blood disease, skin disorder, endocrine disorder, neurological illness and psychiatric disorder as determined by medical history, physical examination or clinical laboratory screening tests, which in the opinion of the investigator, might interfere with the study objectives.
- History of leukemia or any other blood or solid organ cancer.
- Seropositive for HIV, hepatitis B surface antigen and/or hepatitis C antibodies.
- Receipt of antivirals, antibiotics, immunoglobulins or other blood products within 4 weeks prior to study enrollment or planned receipt of such products during the period of subject participation in the study.
- Participation in another clinical trial within the previous three months or planned enrollment in such a trial during the period of this study.
- Subjects who are, in the opinion of the investigator, at significantly increased risk of non-cooperation with requirements of the study protocol.
- Kazakh National Medical UniversityNot specifiedAlmaty, Kazakhstan, 050000
30 April, 2016
19 January, 2017