University of Manitoba
Healthy volunteers will be recruited. All subjects will be tested a battery of neuropsychological tests, then undergo fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). During the PET and MRI, they will be stimulated with transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) for 15 minutes. Half of subjects will receive real tDCS and the other half will receive sham tDCS.
- Device: transcranial direct current stimulation15 minute anodal stimulation 1.5mA
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||Accepts Healthy Volunteers|
- History of any neurological or psychiatric diseases;
- Abnormal MRI;
- metal implants or a cardiac pacemaker;
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women (female subjects of child bearing potential will be screened for pregnancy before MRI imaging).
- severe hypertension.
- cardiovascular disease.
- Family history of epilepsy.
- University of ManitobarecruitingWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3E 0J9
27 June, 2017
04 July, 2017