CABG Graft Integrity
Endoscopic radial artery harvesting in coronary bypass surgery is routinely performed by the investigators. In this study, the investigators want to compare the MiFusion TLS2 (Endotrust GmbH, Germany) device to the LigaSure Maryland Jaw (Medtronic, USA). The vessel harvesting is performed in the standard fashion according to the institutional routine. The patients are randomized preoperatively to one of the devices. The proximal end of the radial artery will be preserved and deep-frozen for histological assessment. Endothelial integrity will be investigated using Hematoxylin-Eosin, CD31 and endothelial nitrogen monoxide synthase.
- Device: LigaSure endoscopic vessel harvestingThe radial artery will be harvested endoscopically using the LigaSure system.
- Device: TLS2 endoscopic vessel harvestingThe radial artery will be harvested endoscopically using the TLS2 system.
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- all adult patients undergoing CABG using the radial artery
- capability to give informed consent
- no specific exclusion criteria
- Kerckhoff KlinikNot specifiedBad Nauheim, Germany, 61231
31 December, 2016
16 January, 2017