Bladder Pain Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis / Overactive Bladder
Cantonal Hospital, Frauenfeld
To identify new, simple and reliable biomarkers for bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis (BPS/IC) for diagnosis of this disease.
- Procedure: biopsycold cup bladder biopsies and bladder washings under anesthesia, blood and urine collection
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years to 90 Years|
|Genders eligible for Study||Female|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- patient with diagnosed BPS/IC, OAB or healthy controls
- included healthy controls must have another pelvic surgery planned (e.g. hysterectomy)
- being able to act and judge
- unstable endocrinological situation
- severe illness
Collection and analyses of bladder biopsies, bladder washings, blood and urine samples of patients with bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis (BPS/IC), overactive bladder syndrome (OAB) and bladder-healthy controls. Analyses include ELISA, RT-qPCR, DNA sequencing, and immunohistochemistry techniques. Differences between patient groups are statistically evaluated.
- Cantonal Hospital FrauenfeldrecruitingFrauenfeld, Thurgau, Switzerland, 8501
30 November, 2004
12 January, 2017