Optimal Delay Time to Initiate Anticoagulation after Ischemic Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation
(START): a pragmatic, adaptive randomized clinical trial.
• To determine the optimal time to initiate anticoagulation with a Non-Vitamin K Oral
Anticoagulant (NOAC) after ischemic stroke in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
- To compare the rates of primary adverse outcomes in a per protocol analysis
- To compare 30 day clinical outcomes by the modified Rankin scale among the
- To compare 30 day clinical outcomes by the PROMIS-10 scale among the time-to-treatment
- To compare 90 day clinical outcomes by the modified Rankin scale among the
- To explore the optimal timing in subgroups of age, sex, outcome category, and NOAC