Femoral Neck Fracture
First Hospitals affiliated to the China PLA General Hospital
A prospective cohort study to compare full repairing and partial repairing of soft tissue surrounding the hip joint in anteriorolateral approaching arthroplasty concerning hip function. Patients admitted with a femoral neck fracture operated with a hip arthroplasty through an anteriorolateral approach were screened for inclusion. Patients with altered mental status SPMSQ <7, pathological fractures, non-walkers were excluded.
- Procedure: Full Repairng of soft tissue surrounding the hipFull repairing soft tissue surrounding the hip damaged during the procedure of hip dislocation and prosthesis implanting.
- Procedure: Partial Repairng of soft tissue surrounding the hipPartial repairing soft tissue surrounding the hip damaged during the procedure of hip dislocation and prosthesis implanting.
|Ages eligible for Study||65 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Displaced femoral neck fracture
- Hemiarthroplasty or Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Preiffer test >7/10
- Pathological fracture
- Pfeiffer test <7/10 indicating mental alteration
Those who fulfilled the inclusion criteria and non of the exclusion criteria were followed 2 months postoperatively by clinical examination. Sample size were estimated to 15 patients in each group. Primary outcome variables were trendelenburg test, abductor strength measured with dynamometry. Secondary outcome variables were WOMAC, EQ-5D, and VAS scores.
30 September, 2016
06 September, 2016