Eosinophilic Esophagitis / Eosinophilic Gastritis / Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis / Eosinophilic Colitis
Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
The purpose of this study is to investigate features of patients with Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders (EGIDs) other than Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) alone, including Eosinophilic Gastritis (EG), Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EGE), and Eosinophilic Colitis (EC).
|Ages eligible for Study||all|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Diagnosis of an EGID including EG, EGE, and/or EC. Subjects with EoE can be included if they also have another EGID.
- Clinical symptoms of gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Findings of increased eosinophils on tissue biopsy at the time of diagnosis, before treatment initiated.
- Exclusion of other causes of gastrointestinal eosinophilia.
- Gastrointestinal eosinophilia caused by another disorder.
- Diagnosis of EoE without another EGID.
- Insufficient medical record or pathology data available to support an EGID diagnosis.
This retrospective chart review study will analyze the demographics, medical history, clinical features, and pathological data of patients with Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders (EGIDs) other than Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) alone, including Eosinophilic Gastritis (EG), Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EGE), and Eosinophilic Colitis (EC).
United States (8)
- University of Arkansas for Medical ScienceNot specifiedLittle Rock, Arkansas, United States, 72205
- Children's Hospital ColoradoNot specifiedDenver, Colorado, United States, 80218
- Northwestern UniversityNot specifiedChicago, Illinois, United States, 60208
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of ChicagoNot specifiedChicago, Illinois, United States, 60611
- Tufts University School of MedicineNot specifiedBoston, Massachusetts, United States, 02111
- University of North Carolina, Chapel HillNot specifiedChapel Hill, North Carolina, United States, 27599
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterNot specifiedCincinnati, Ohio, United States, 45229
- University of PennsylvaniaNot specifiedPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19104
active not recruiting
31 July, 2016
19 October, 2017