The purpose is to evaluate feasibility of medical supervision of professionally active
asymptomatic wood workers with questionnaires and nasofibroscopy.
Secondary purposes are:
- Feasibility evaluation of identification of former and actual professional expositions
to wood dust and to various naso-sinusal carcinogenics in case of co-expositions
(formaldehyde, chrome, nickel, leather)
- Description of abnormal symptoms identified by occupational doctor and needing an
- Description of results and examinations induced by nasofibroscopy in symptomatic or
asymptomatic individuals: counting of naso-sinusal adenocarcinoma cases
- Evaluation of participation of workers retiring in 2 years after inclusion to medical
- Evaluation of information flow among different players
- Assessment of costs induced by this targeted screening: direct medical costs (screened
pathologies, induced additional examinations…) and indirect costs for company (duration
of worker absence for transfer, medical and additional examinations).