The aim of the study is to examine the effect of RIPC on physiological parameters in non-valvular paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Furthermore the study will provide a unique bio-date base for further analysis of molecular and genetic mechanisms responsible for observed results. The potential effect of RIPC on AF inducibility and/or prothrombotic activity might be implemented as additional treatment component to reduce AF burden and minimize thromboembolic risk. Interim Analysis will be done after 73 patients.
- Procedure: Remote ischemic preconditioning (RIPC)RIPC will be induced by the application of 3 short episodes (5 minutes) of forearm ischemia by cuff sphygmomanometer inflation separated by 5 minutes of reperfusion.
- Procedure: sham-interventionIn the control group the cuff will be inflated for 3 times at 10 mm Hg for 5 minutes with 5-minute intervals
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- planned invasive Atrial Fibrillation ablation
- AF in ECG at Admission
- history of AF ablation
- age <18
- neoplastic disorders
- acute or systemic inflammation, autoimmune diseases
- documented atrial flutter
- Herzzentrum LeipzigrecruitingLeipzig, Germany, 04289
30 April, 2016
16 August, 2017