- HER2/neu (HER2) is a tumor protein that appears in almost a third of breast cancers and in
several other types of cancers such as colon, prostate and non-small cell lung. Tumors that
overexpress HER2 can be associated with a more aggressive cancer, higher recurrence rates,
and reduced survival rates. Researchers are testing a therapeutic cancer vaccine designed to
stimulate the immune system to recognize HER2. The vaccine, called AdHER2/neu dendritic cell
vaccine, is custom-made using an individual s own immune cells. These cells will be collected
and used to produce the vaccine.
- To test the safety and effectiveness of AdHER2 vaccination.
- Individuals at least 18 years of age who have HER2-expressing tumors.
- Participants will be screened with a physical exam and medical history. Blood and urine
samples will be collected. Imaging studies will also be performed.
- Participants will have an apheresis procedure to collect immune cells to create the
- Participants will receive four doses of the vaccine at study Weeks 0, 4, 8, and 24.
- Participants will be monitored with physical exams, frequent blood tests and imaging