The purpose of this study is to compare the decision making of subjects with advanced CHF
having a verbal discussion about goals of care compared to subjects using a video.
Behavioral: Video decision aid
We will connect you to the doctor responsible for this trial and help you get more information.
Locations near you
Unfortunately, there are no recruiting locations near you. Please check the list with all locations below.
Full eligibility criteria for NCT01589120
Ages eligible for Study
65 Years and older
Genders eligible for Study
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
1. A diagnosis of advanced heart failure as defined by ALL THREE of the following:
• New York Heart Association Class III or IV (NYHA III or IV) (III: marked limitation
in activity due to symptoms, even during less-than-ordinary activity; IV: severe
limitations, experiences symptoms while at rest).
- Hospitalization for heart failure within the last six months. AND
- Age greater than or equal to 65.
2. Additionally ONE of the following must be met:
- According to the attending physician's best judgment the patient's survival is
limited to 2 years but may very well be less than 1 year (i.e. the physician
would not be surprised if the patient died within one year from any cause) OR
- Three heart failure hospitalizations in the last year OR
- One of the following:
- Two Systolic Blood Pressures < 90 within the last 6 months in the ambulatory
- Na < 130 within the last 6 months
- NTproBNP > 3,000
- EGFR < 35
- High diuretic use (160 mg po Lasix or 100 mg po torsemide or equivalent
total daily dose)
- New patient
- A transplant or mechanical circulatory support candidate
- Major psychiatric illness as determined by the attending that would make this study
- Any patient that has been excluded for transplant or mechanical circulatory support
due to psychological or psychiatric co-morbidities.
All locations for NCT01589120
United States (1)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02114
Put me in touch!
View full eligibility
Tris trial is registered with FDA with number: NCT01589120. The sponsor of the trial is Massachusetts General Hospital and it is looking for 248 volunteers for the current phase.
Official trial title: Using Videos to Facilitate Advance Care Planning for Patients With Heart Failure
1What's a trial
4Get in touch
What's a trial
Not sure you're well informed about clinical trials? Learn more about their benefits, risks and other important details.
Enter your details like condition, age, gender and other preferences and we will show you a list of all relevant clinical trials.
Review the summary of the selected clinical trial and all the locations near you in order to see if it's of interest to you.
Get in touch
You've found an interesting trial? We'll need a bit more information about you so we can connect you to the doctor in charge.
Some people want to consult their doctor before considering participation in a clinical trial. This is absolutely normal as your doctor should know your medical history and should be able to advise you. If you want you can easily share the information for this trial with your doctor by clicking on the button below.