The study was designed to evaluate whether the first CYD dengue vaccination can be
administered concomitantly with Stamaril® yellow fever vaccine during the same day and visit,
but at 2 different sites of administration.
- To demonstrate the non-inferiority of the immune response against Yellow Fever (YF) in
flavivirus (FV) non-immune subjects at baseline receiving one dose of Stamaril vaccine
administered concomitantly with the first dose of CYD dengue vaccine compared to
participants receiving one dose of Stamaril vaccine concomitantly with placebo.
- To assess the non-inferiority of YF immune response 28 days post-Stamaril vaccination
based on seroconversion rates regardless of the FV status of participants at baseline.
- To describe the YF immune response 28 days post-Stamaril vaccination in both groups.
- To describe the antibody (Ab) response to each dengue virus serotype 28 days post CYD
dengue vaccine (Visit [V] 05 and V07), following CYD dengue vaccine Dose 1 and Dose 2
from Group 2 versus following CYD dengue vaccine Dose 2 and Dose 3 for Group 1 (effect
of YF vaccination).
- To describe the safety of Stamaril vaccine administered concomitantly with the first
dose of CYD dengue vaccine, or Stamaril administered concomitantly with placebo.
- To describe the safety of CYD dengue vaccine after the first dose of CYD dengue vaccine
administered concomitantly with Stamaril vaccine or CYD vaccine administered alone.
- To describe the safety of the CYD dengue vaccine in all participants after each dose.