Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide and hence, estimating its prevalence is important. Since 2007, there are few data on the prevalence of COPD in the general population in Spain. The main objective of this epidemiological observational study is to estimate the prevalence of COPD in residents of Spain among the population over 40 years of age. The subjects will be distributed in two groups depending on the presence and absence of COPD. The study will have a single visit in which a brief interview will take place and subjects will need to complete the medical tests the case report form with a series of questionnaires. No drugs will be administered in this study.
- Procedure: Medical testsDuring Visit 1, subjects will go through medical tests including spirometry, bronchodilation test, pulse oximetry, cooximetry, and bioimpedance. Additional tests will be performed at up to 9 centers such as pulmonary diffusion test, 6 minute walk test, CT during the same visit.
- Other: QuestionnaireDuring Visit 1, subjects will be given an Electronic Case Report Form (eCRF) with a series of questionnaire such as Health Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) CAT questionnaire, HADS anxiety scale, YPAS physical activity questionnaire, ECSC respiratory symptoms questionnaire, occupational exposure related questionnaire, MMSE questionnaire, Fagerstrom test, Prochaska test.
|Ages eligible for Study||40 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Male and female subjects aged 40 years or older selected from the general population.
- Subjects who have provided oral consent to participate in the brief telephone interview; these subjects will need to sign the informed consent to continue participating in the study.
- Subjects with any physical or cognitive difficulties which will prevent them from participating in any of the study tests (example, spirometry and questionnaires).
- Subjects who are not located, dead or displaced.
- GSK Investigational SiterecruitingMadrid, Spain, 28006
23 March, 2017
20 April, 2017