This study will evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of the oral administration of setipiprant tablets 1000 mg twice daily (BID) relative to placebo in 18 to 49 years old males with androgenetic alopecia (AGA).
- Drug: setipiprantTwo 500 mg setipiprant tablets BID.
- Drug: placeboTwo placebo tablets BID.
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years to 49 Years|
|Genders eligible for Study||Male|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Participant has androgenetic alopecia (AGA)
- Participant agrees to maintain current hair care regimen, refraining from hair weaving, hair colorants or dyes and non-study hair growth products during the study.
- History of hair loss for reasons other than AGA
- Scarring of the scalp or any condition or disease of the scalp, hair or hair shaft
- Use of products within 6 months of study start used continuously for at least 1 month that could impact hair growth
- Hair-weaving within 6 months
- Use of hair colorants or dyes within 6 months.
United States (18)
- Burke Pharmaceutical ResearchNot specifiedHot Springs, Arkansas, United States, 71913
- Petrus Center for Aesthetic Surgery & Hair TransplantationNot specifiedLittle Rock, Arkansas, United States, 72205
- Therapeutics Clinical ResearchNot specifiedSan Diego, California, United States, 92123
- Synexus USANot specifiedSanta Rosa, California, United States, 95405
- Arano, LLCNot specifiedChicago, Illinois, United States, 60611
- Heartland Research Associates, LLCNot specifiedWichita, Kansas, United States, 67207
- Minnesota Clinical Study CenterNot specifiedFridley, Minnesota, United States, 55432
- University of MinnesotaNot specifiedMinneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55455
- Wake Forest University Health SciencesNot specifiedWinston-Salem, North Carolina, United States, 27157
- Cleveland ClinicNot specifiedCleveland, Ohio, United States, 44195
- NW Dermatology & Research CenterNot specifiedPortland, Oregon, United States, 97210
- Oregon Medical Research CenterNot specifiedPortland, Oregon, United States, 97223
- Penn State Hershey Medical CenterNot specifiedHershey, Pennsylvania, United States, 17033
- Synexus USANot specifiedGreer, South Carolina, United States, 29650
- DermResearch, IncNot specifiedAustin, Texas, United States, 78759
- Suzzane Bruce and Associates P.A., The Center for Skin ResearchNot specifiedKaty, Texas, United States, 77494
- The Education & Research FoundationNot specifiedLynchburg, Virginia, United States, 24501
- Michigan Center for Skin Care ResearchNot specifiedClinton Township, Michigan, United States, 48038
active not recruiting
28 June, 2016
03 April, 2018