The purpose of this study is to explore the efficacy and feasibility of an integrated, prescriptive, and trackable wellness intervention combining five wellness elements including exercise, mindfulness, sleep, social connectedness, and nutrition in Beloit College students. This program is called "WILD 5 Wellness: A 30-Day Intervention". Results for this study will be quantified through the use of standardized self-report questionnaires administered prior to and after students complete the WILD 5 program (Group 1) or 30 days of inactive participation (Group 2), and again approximately 30 days later when the initially inactive group (Group 2) will have just completed their active participation in the WILD 5 program and the first WILD 5 group (Group 1) will be approximately 30 days out from completion of their WILD 5 active portion. Data will be collected to evaluate participants' adherence and response to each element of WILD 5, a 5-pronged 30-day wellness intervention. It is expected that this 30-day integrated, prescriptive, and trackable program will be found to be an efficacious wellness intervention for Beloit College students as compared to the control (inactive) group of students not participating in the Active program.
- Other: WILD 5 Wellness
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years and older|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||Accepts Healthy Volunteers|
- Beloit College student enrolled in one or more of the following Spring 2017 academic courses:
- Anthropology 201 01 "Research Designs: Sophomore Seminar in Anthropology"
- Health and Society 240 B1 "Sophomore Seminar in Health and Society"
- Spanish 218 "Health and Culture in the Spanish-Speaking World"
- Biology 373 "Neuroscience Research"
- Biology 215 "Emerging Diseases"
- Individuals who are <18 years old
- Individuals who are acutely suicidal and/or actively psychotic
- Individuals who are pregnant or plan to get pregnant during the next 60 days, or who are not registered in one of the courses listed above.
United States (1)
- Beloit CollegeBeloit, Wisconsin, United States, 53511
enrolling by invitation
05 February, 2017
26 January, 2017