Qu Biologics Inc.
The purpose of this dose-escalation study is to assess the safety and pharmacodynamics of single and multiple doses of QBKPN SSI, administered subcutaneously to healthy adult volunteers
- Biological: QBKPNQBKPN Site Specific Immunomodulators
- Other: PlaceboPlacebo
|Ages eligible for Study||18 Years to 65 Years|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||Accepts Healthy Volunteers|
- Healthy, non-smoking (at least for 6 months prior to first study drug administration) males or females, 18 to 65 years of age, inclusive at the time of informed consent.
- Body mass index (BMI) that is within 18.5 - 30.0 kg/m2, inclusive.
- Healthy, according to the medical history, ECG, vital signs, laboratory results and physical examination
- Systolic blood pressure between 95-140 mmHg, inclusive, and diastolic blood pressure between 55-90 mmHg, inclusive, and heart rate between 50-100 bpm, inclusive, unless deemed otherwise by the PI/Sub-Investigator.
- QTc interval ≤ 450 milliseconds for males and females, unless deemed otherwise Not Clinically Significant by the Principal Investigator/Sub-Investigator.
- Availability to volunteer for the entire study duration and willing to adhere to all protocol requirements.
- Agree not to have a tattoo or body piercing until the end of the study.
- Agree to practice effective methods of contraception
- Known history or presence of any clinically significant hepatic, renal/genitourinary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, pulmonary, endocrine, immunological, musculoskeletal, neurological, psychiatric, dermatological or hematological disease or condition unless determined as not clinically significant by the PI/Sub-Investigator.
- A known history or positive test result for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), chronic Hepatitis B surface antigen, or Hepatitis C.
- A positive test result for drugs of abuse (marijuana, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine and benzodiazepines), alcohol test and cotinine. Positive pregnancy test for female subjects.
- Known history or presence of (1) Alcohol abuse or dependence within one year prior to first study drug administration; (2) Drug abuse or dependence; (3) Known or suspected hypersensitivity to any component of the product (4) Food allergies and/or presence of any dietary restrictions; or (5) Severe allergic reactions (e.g. anaphylactic reactions, angioedema).
- Recent history (within 8 weeks prior to screening) of travel to or emigration from any country with high incidence for tuberculosis.
- A positive tuberculin skin (PPD) test result
31 August, 2016
22 August, 2017