Eosinophilic Esophagitis / Eosinophilic Gastritis / Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis / Eosinophilic Colitis
Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
The purpose of this study is to investigate features of patients with Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders (EGIDs) other than Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) alone, including Eosinophilic Gastritis (EG), Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EGE), and Eosinophilic Colitis (EC).
|Ages eligible for Study||all|
|Genders eligible for Study||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers||No|
- Diagnosis of an EGID including EG, EGE, and/or EC. Subjects with EoE can be included if they also have another EGID.
- Clinical symptoms of gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Findings of increased eosinophils on tissue biopsy at the time of diagnosis, before treatment initiated.
- Exclusion of other causes of gastrointestinal eosinophilia.
- Gastrointestinal eosinophilia caused by another disorder.
- Diagnosis of EoE without another EGID.
- Insufficient medical record or pathology data available to support an EGID diagnosis.
This retrospective chart review study will analyze the demographics, medical history, clinical features, and pathological data of patients with Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders (EGIDs) other than Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) alone, including Eosinophilic Gastritis (EG), Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EGE), and Eosinophilic Colitis (EC).
United States (10)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciencenot yet recruitingLittle Rock, Arkansas, United States, 72205
- University of California, San Diegonot yet recruitingLa Jolla, California, United States, 92093
- Children's Hospital Coloradonot yet recruitingDenver, Colorado, United States, 80218
- Northwestern Universitynot yet recruitingChicago, Illinois, United States, 60208
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicagonot yet recruitingChicago, Illinois, United States, 60611
- Riley Children's Hospitalnot yet recruitingIndianapolis, Indiana, United States, 46202
- Tufts University School of Medicinenot yet recruitingBoston, Massachusetts, United States, 02111
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hillnot yet recruitingChapel Hill, North Carolina, United States, 27599
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterrecruitingCincinnati, Ohio, United States, 45229
- University of Pennsylvanianot yet recruitingPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, 19104
31 July, 2016
19 January, 2017